Monday, March 16, 2009

Prayer and reflection #6

First Reading: Daniel 3:25, 34-43
Psalm: Psalm 25:4-9
Gospel: Matthew 18:21-35

Lord, it is sometimes very hard for me to forgive, especially if the offense done to me is very painful. But how many times have I myself wronged other people? How many times have I offended others? How many times have I betrayed, hurt, and abandoned those close to me? How many times have I been uncaring, unloving, indifferent, offensive, distant? Oh Lord, countless times! Yet You have always forgiven me, Lord, over and over again.

Lord, please help me to have a contrite and tender heart. Help me to have a warm and loving heart, a heart whose every fiber beats for You. Help me to have a heart that loves You truly and without reservations. Remind me, Oh God, of how utterly sinful I am, and Help me always to look up towards You. Help me to forgive others unconditionally.

Amen.