Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Prayer and reflection #7

First Reading: Deuteronomy 4:1, 5-9
Psalm: Psalm 147:12-13, 15-16, 19-20
Gospel: Matthew 5:17-19

Oh Lord, my God, our bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit. We must take care to keep them clean and holy always, so that we may be worthy of receiving the Holy Spirit always. Or is Your Holy Spirit, Lord, present in us always, but because of our sins and vices, we suppress the Holy Spirit, neglect Him, douse Him with cold water? Isn't He ever with us, and mustn't we constantly stir Him into flame, so that we may burn freely for You, my God? My soul magnifies Your name and Your Holy Spirit rejoices with my spirit because of the truth that my Father is God, and that I should do all His commandments because they are all for my own good and He desires nothing but the best for me.

Amen.